March 09, 2006

Throw Away Your Televisions

The Sopranos season starts on Sunday night, and I don't have HBO. Quite a shame. I could wait for Netflix to churn out the season on DVD, but that could take forever. Unlike most shows, the Sopranos is a show I like to watch by myself because I feel the need to absorb every minute detail of the plot. Actually, I enjoy watching it with my parents as well, as they keep the interruptions to a minimum and seem as engrossed as I do. However, I am willing to branch out and watch it with other people - preferrably people that will have HBO as of Sunday night. So if you live nearby and plan on watching, let me know.

Project Runway ended last night. Chloe won, which surprised me a bit because I thought her collection was repetitive. My boy Daniel V. was runner-up. I thought he deserved to win, based on his performances all season long. However, his collection did lack a cohesiveness to me. Santino got the boot first, despite making some lovely dresses. I hope Chloe makes the most out of this experience. I read in an AP interview that she plans on staying in Texas, expanding her store Lot 8 and working on a new line. Daniel V., you can design for me any day.

Well look at that, this whole post has been about TV. Our book club is reading I,Claudius. I know that Vijay and I are pretty well into it, but I have no idea how the others are coming along. Hopefully we'll start discussions soon, as they are long overdue. So far the book is very entertaining. I highly recommend it.

5 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Santino's clothing didn't fit the models properly - Daniel's designs were ho-hum - but Chloe WOW! She had a couple of really outstanding pieces that were beautifully done!

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Glad you were watching! For those of you who don't know, Ferne Fantauzzo is my fantastic mother. How nice that we have similar tastes in television so that we can chat about it. I wasn't blown away by Chloe's designs. Maybe it was the fabrics, I don't know. I'm content with the results though.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger josh said...

instead of spending all of your time watching tv and reading, perhaps you should pay attention to something else that is long overdue: iron chef wh.

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I thought Daniel V. should've won, too. His work throughout the season really impressed me. Maybe we can hunt him down in NYC when I come to visit and voice our love and dedication to his work.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger dan said...

Chloe's the man, man. I'm glad she won. She brought it. She might not have pizazzed like Daniel V., but she also never crashed and burned. I think they gave it to her though cos they couldn't give it to Santino, cos he was too uneven, and they felt Daniel V. was like too young and not quite developed yet, so she won by default of being technically flawless. Like, a bit boring but never failing.

Now my exacting analysis of Project Runway Season II ends. This is the last I will speak of it, ever. Katie, how many days till Season III begins?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home