Did You Just Spit On Me?
The past two weekends have not been the most exciting of my life. They were filled with work, helping friends move, dealing with Genetics recruits and a bad cold. I had not spent a single night out on the town in two weeks. That streak was broken last night when I went to the Flavorpill First Fridays dance party in the Guggenheim. VHS OR BETA and Carlos D (Interpol) were DJing. We were technically supposed to pay $20 to get in, but we got in for free, with VIP passes, after realizing that Matt's friend was working at the door. Excellent. We headed off to the VIP room for our free beers, d
ropped off our coats at the coat check, and shook it loose on the dance floor. The bottom floor was pretty packed with people, but the seven spiraling stories above were relatively empty. So not only could you look at the metal sculptures, but you could look down on the entire crowd on the bottom level. There was a fairly diverse group of people there. Interestingly, all of the older, UWS-types stood as far away from the DJ booth as possible, while all of the younger people were practically on top of it. Matt pointed out to me that our friend Jonah looked just like Craig Pfunder, who was DJing at the moment. We tried to talk Jonah into getting a picture with him (or "his brother," as we would refer to him all night), but he wouldn't agree to it, I think in part because he wasn't thrilled with the comparison. Hyunmi and Mike came too for a bit, which was fun, even though Mike smelled bad (j/k). Later in the night when Carlos D went on, we bumped into Craig Pfunder and, for some odd reason, I grabbed his arm, looked into his eyes and said in my most enthusiastic voice, "Hey!" I tried to grab Jonah and push the two of them together for a picture, but Jonah was being obstinate. Everyone in the vicinity was confused. So basically I made an ass out of myself for no reason. Super! After more dancing, a few of us headed downtown to grab a quick meal and rush off to an apartment party thrown by a friend's sister's ex-boyfriend. The best part, besides the small vanilla cookies, was when a drunk guy with beer all over his back spun around on Jonah and I and asked if we had spit on him. When we tried to explain that we hadn't and it looked like beer, he didn't believe us. He was giving me the evil eye all night and I couldn't stop laughing, thinking about the Seinfeld episode with Kramer, Neumann and the spit. Right before we left, I made a light joke about it and the drunk guy says to me, "You know what? You're not funny at all. You think that's cute don't you? You think you're funny, but you're not." Ah, you have to love the drunk and bitter among us. All in all an excellent night.

1 Comments:
all day fun! good times. knowing you, funny girl, you probably spit on the guy.
Post a Comment
<< Home