Let It Snow!
Last night when I left my apartment at 9:30pm, it had barely snowed. There was a light covering on the streets, but certainly nothing to be concerned about. By the time we got down to the East Village, the wind was really strong and the snow was coming down pretty hard, leaving me with an oh-so-fantastic hairdo for the night. At 12:30am we left the bar we were at and headed off to a different locale a few blocks over in almost white-out conditions. Upon leaving Crifdogs at 4:30am (after an excellent hot dog with avacado and mustard), there were no cabs in sight. Actually, there were no vehicles or people in general in sight. Hence it was off to the subway and the dreaded F train to A train transfer in the wee hours of the morning. When I finally got home at 6am, the snow was so high on my street that I actually had a hard time walking through it. It was so much fun. I stayed out there for about 15 minutes by myself just jumping in it and throwing it around. I probably looked like a lunatic. When I got into my building my doorman told me that I shouldn't be traveling around in such bad conditions. He mentioned something about kids dancing downtown under his breath. I heard this morning on the news that Central Park had received about two feet and it was still coming down pretty hard. It's slowing up a bit now though, but there's a chance that we'll beat the all-time record of 26.4 inches from December 1947. I feel bad for all of the commuters out there, but for someone who only has a short walk to work, this is a dream come true.

4 Comments:
Oh Katherine! You do love your snow!!
hey! you stole the title of my blog post for today, even if you posted a day before me. however, i will forgive this transgression against me, as i am glad that i am not the only one in this city who likes snow. ;)
once when i was living in new york i was walking down broadway i think... it was in the middle of a snowstorm. there were no cars on the street, i just stood in the middle in the snow, for a good minute. eerie, beautiful, etc.
yeah dan, i know what you mean. i took a lot of photos during the storm of empty streets.
Post a Comment
<< Home