The Good, The Bad, and the Poorly Named
Hello all. Haven't posted in a while it seems. Not too much has happened lately, but here's a list, just for the hell of it.
The Good:
1. I helped three friends move this weekend into two different apartmens and I think my biceps are much stronger because of it. I will fight you and I will win.
2. I bought some curtains for my apartment on Sunday and a plant yesterday. The plant is probably 5 ft tall and I tried to take it on the subway. That didn't work out, so I had to lug it back to the plant store so that they can deliver it to me tonight. Now I have two plants, a garden gnome and a Norwegian troll. What a happy little family.
3. March is going to be a month of celebration. Ellen (sister) is coming the second weekend in March, April (friend) is coming the third weekend, I turn a quarter of a century old at the end of the month, and my Mom and Aunt are coming the first weekend in April.
4. I ran for 5 minutes today in physical therapy on the treadmill and my knee didn't hurt. I'm back baby!
The Bad:
1. US Speedskaters Shani Davis and Chad Hedrick. This article discusses the latest event they were both involved in. If you are on a team together, you should really try at the very least to respect each other. At the Olympics especially, where millions of people around the world are watching you, it's important for these athletes to remember that they are representatives of their sport and their country.
2. Garden burgers without bread or any garnishes. I really need to go grocery shopping.
3. Someone referred to me as "Kathy" in an email today. Unacceptable. My father always calls me Kathy in a weird voice (pronounced kind of like "Kaffy") when he's making fun of me.
The Poorly Named:
1. The favorite going into the Women's Figure Skating competition is Irina Slutskaya. Ouch.

3 Comments:
garden burgers? what the hell happened to you? is mike getting to you with all that wussy vegetarian stuff? eat meat damnit or your knee will never heal! (i have the Nature article to back that up somewhere...)
btw, thanks for the help moving. too bad you are still too weak for the CoP. mwa ha ha!
"I will fight you and I will win."
You crack me up, you little elf, you!! Looking forward to seeing ya!!
...corner bistro....
Post a Comment
<< Home