Oh Bob, You Shouldn't Have...Oh Dick, You Really Shouldn't Have...
I spent this past Valentine's Day with an attentive, intelligent and dashing man: Bob Costas. Not only did Bob always look me in the eye, he was well-spoken, full of useful information and his skin was aglow and radiant from his time in the Mediterranean. I made myself a nice little dinner, read over my Valentine's Day cards (thank you senders) and watched some Olympic action. It was quite an enjoyable evening.
In other news, after the shooting of his friend, I am now convinced that our Vice Pres is the devil. He swears at people, he's overly aggressive, he disregards the common citizen, he shoots people, he's just down-right evil. Somehow I wasn't even surprised that this little incident happened. Of course he shot his friend. The best part was probably the cover-up where Whittington took the blame and Cheney was silent. Finally today Cheney had something to say about it. Some quotes: "'You can't blame anybody else. I'm the guy who pulled the trigger and shot my friend,' Cheney said in excerpts released before the full interview is aired. 'The image of him falling is something I'll never be able to get out of my mind. I fired and there's Harry falling,' he added.... Armstrong [the ranch owner] had previously told CNN that she never saw Cheney or Whittington 'drink at all on the day of the shooting until after the accident occurred, when the vice president fixed himself a cocktail back at the house.'" That's nice. You just shot your friend who will go on to have a heart attack from the incident, but by all means, add another olive to that martini.

7 Comments:
Katie (in an exasperated tone), he is just acting in the best interest of our country. EVERYONE knows that. So silly you are.
I for one think that this was a planned accident. let's examine the evidence:
1) according to some news reports, dick didn't have a proper quail hunting license. this is because he wasn't interested in shooting quail.
2) he shot his "friend" in the face. THE FACE. when people are usually "accidentally" shot, the gunshot wound is typically in the body or some limb. successful head shots are usually only the result of "aiming," as the head is small and difficult to hit.
3) this old guy lived because cheney was using a small gauge gun and he had his vast medical staff with him.
4) one of the "reasons" that he was silent for so long was because they wanted to "get their stories straight" (i think that quote comes from a press conference; i heard it on npr).
why would someone want to plan this "accident" and then cover it up? because cheney leaked plame's name to scooter. that is the real story, but the media has been diverted to focus on the hunting accident. think about it. you think dick doesn't have friends that are willing to take it in the face for him? scooter might end up taking it in the ass for him. whittington (sp?) has the better end of the shit stick.
elfy, I hope you enjoyed your Valentine:)
I think this is one of the funniest stories to hit the news in recent months. I'll repeat the Daily Show quote here "The Vice President shot a 78 year old man, in the face!" (Which Jon Stewart must have said at least a few dozen times in 20 minutes.) A 78 year old man!!! In the face!!! haha!
Bill O'Riley's take on the issue is perhaps the best. I paraphrase: "Cheney shot a lawyer, and the world is better for it."
A quote from Whittington today: "My family and I are deeply sorry for all that Vice President Cheney and his family have had to go through this week." Why is he apologizing? He's the one that got shot in the face. Maybe he's acting nice to cover-up his secret plan of revenge.
I do not think he is the devil. I think the devil would more competently handle his job. He runs hell, after all, by all accounts he does it well. Running a large government probalbly isn't that much different. What does Cheney do? He shoots people. In the face.
So let's don't insult the Devil, k.fantazztic
I hate Mary Matalin. She's the Devil's right-hand woman.
Post a Comment
<< Home