July 22, 2006

Party Machine!

Every once in a while I have one of those days where I am really amazed at how many activities I can fit in to a limited amount of time. The last 24 hours however go above and beyond my normal standard of efficiency. I worked until 6pm or so last night, went grocery shopping and had a lovely Italian dinner of tortellini and an arugula salad. After that I hopped in the shower and got ready to leave my apartment by 8pm so I could meet my good friend Maggie on the subway and head downtown to The Otheroom, a beer and wine bar, for Maggie and Sam's engagement party. My plan was to have a drink or two with my friends, mingle, and head home nice and early so that I could get plenty of rest for my NY Road Runners race the next morning. Quite a while ago I had signed up and paid for a race last weekend (which I had to skip b/c of bridesmaid dress shopping in Philadelphia) and one today. There was no way I was going to pay for two races and not race either one. Of course, the one drink lead to two, then four, then it was suddenly 2am and I was in a cab with friends heading to Crif Dogs for my favorite bar-time snack: the Chihuahua, a hot dog wrapped in bacon with avocado and sour cream. I eventually got home by 2:45am and was in bed by 3am. This morning I woke up at 7am, very tired and slightly hung-over. Sure enough, I made it to the race after falling asleep on the subway. I ran the four miles, slowly and with knee pain (my last exercise activity before surgery) then scampered off to Columbus Circle so I could catch the A train uptown. I got home, showered and ran back out the door to head down to the West 4th area for a bridal shower for my friend and co-worker Alison. We went to a nice restaurant called Maracas and had the brunch special which included unlimited margaritas. I had two of those and a tequila shot, despite the fact that I had to come back to lab afterwards. Now I am in lab, my boss thinks I am an alcoholic, and I'm very sleepy. The best part of all of this is that my doormen think I am a party animal, which is funny b/c I rarely go out during the week. The same guy was working last night when I got home at 2:45am and at 7am this morning when I ran out of the door in my running clothes. I think his comment sums up how I feel about the last 24 hours myself: "You're nuts."

1 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger dan said...

I got tired just reading that.

Back when I had a life and a doorman, I always seemed to get the same doorman just on the nights I came home late, and I always imagined him imagining me having a very lively nightlife, which even when I had a life was not the case. :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home