Gimps, Gigglers and Good Friends
Some exciting news in the world of my knee (for those of you who got an email from me yesterday, this is going to sound very familiar). After a year of frustration with Dr. Narcessian, I have found an orthopaedic surgeon I like that wants to help me resolve my knee pain. I had an appointment with him yesterday and he took a lot of time to look at my knees and all of my previous tests. He validated all of my beliefs - that it is an impact injury and that the pain is not stemming from a torn meniscus in the back of my knee. He said that there is a good possibility that I have a contusion that wouldn't be picked up by the X-Ray or MRI.

For that reason, and many others, we have decided to go ahead with arthroscopic surgery so that he can take a look at the area. If he finds something that can be operated on, he'll take care of it in a later surgery. This way we will at least know what kind of problem we are dealing with. I scheduled the surgery today - as of right now, it will be taking place on August 10th. He said I should expect 4-6 weeks of recovery. I'm a bit bummed because I'm going to the Adirondacks with my family for a week two weeks after the surgery, so I won't be able to hike, swim, etc. as much as I had hoped. So be it though, I'm just happy that progress is finally being made in the right direction.
In other random news, I have decided that if someone is a giggler, chances are I am going to really like them. I'm not sure what exactly qualifies a giggle from a normal laugh, but I know one when I hear it. I'm a giggler myself. I think maybe it has something to do with silliness.
I'm going to Philly this weekend to try on bridesmaid dresses for Nicole's wedding. I will be seeing Nicole for only the second time since we graduated, which blows my mind. I'll be seeing Nicki for the first time since graduation. How does that happen? Three years slip by with me barely seeing my good friends. I need to make more of an effort, especially when they live close by. I suppose it's a sign of a good friend though when you don't see them for a while and you feel like you can pick up right where you left off.

2 Comments:
Good. Now as you hunt Yeti and Sasquatch, you can't run away from them and then they can start hunting rainbow gym all-stars.
nicole, nicki - if you are reading this, don't feel bad about katie's lack of contact. i have lived in the same neighborhood as her, and worked across the street from her, for years now. if i am lucky i see her once a month.
of course, she might not actually be my friend, which is why she always seems to run in the opposite direction... also, do friends take out restraining orders on other friends?
Post a Comment
<< Home