May 29, 2006

I Don't Want to Work, I Want to Bang on the Drum All Day

Hi folks, I'm back. Quite a bit has happened since my last post. First and foremost, my dear friends Maggie and Sam got engaged. I was lucky enough to be in on the surprise. Sam dressed up as a knight in shining armour and waited in a spot in Ft. Tryon park with a nice view of the river. I talked Maggie into going on a walk with me (despite a bad forecast) and led her to where Sam was waiting. At first she thought he was a street performer and was pretty freaked out, but as soon as he got down on one knee and took off the helmet, she knew what was going on. Meanwhile, our friend John was hiding with my camera and snapping pictures like the paparazzi. Afterwards, the four of us celebrated with a big Italian dinner, ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery and antics at the Times Square Toys-R-Us.


This past Saturday I was witness to a chicken Mcnugget eating contest between Sam and Rockey. Billy Jean Scream, a roller-girl, was also supposed to be there to defend her competitive eating title (she beat Rockey in a hard-boiled egg eating contest on Easter), but couldn't make it. That ruled out the possibility that the two guys would get beaten by a girl. Sigh. The rules: as many Mcnuggets as you can eat in ten minutes, with unlimited water and dipping sauce of your choice, without vomiting 1 hour post-eating. A pretty good crowd showed up to watch and we took up a large section at the front of the Union Square McDonald's. We even attracted a few passers-by, including a very old woman who seemed shocked and concerned. Sam got the win with a big margin: 44 to 29. Neither contestants vomited, but surprisingly, looked full and happy. I never had a chicken Mcnugget until Saturday, when Dan gave me a bite of his. I wouldn't want to eat 44 of them. As long as it's not a meat product, I'm determined to get in on the next challenge. I have to redeem myself after my failure in the Milk Challenge senior year. Two more seconds and those last drops would have been gone...

This summer will involve a lot of traveling, which I'm very happy about. My plans so far include going camping next weekend with the newly engaged couple (third wheel, holla), attending multiple weddings, visiting friends in DC, and taking a vacation with my family in the Adirondacks in August.

And finally, the Lost season finale was very good and I can't bear the thought of waiting months for the next new episode. If you have any theories, let's discuss them.

4 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger josh said...

what?! of all the news you told me about at lunch today, maggie and sams engagement wasn't part of it?! what's wrong with you kaf???

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Katie said...

sorry, thought i told you! in the words of an older woman nearby, "it was magical"...hehe.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger anna said...

that's a really gross picture of the mchead. I gave up on mcnuggets a long time ago.

since the pics of the engagement were taking with your camera... lets see some!

I hope you had fun camping.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger paducci said...

am i included in that 'friends in dc' statement?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home