A Quarter Century of Silliness
Today I am officially 25 years old. Crazy! I woke up this morning pretty excited at the possibility of renting a car without huge insurance fees. A road trip may be on the horizon. To celebrate, Jonah and I threw a joint birthday celebration on Saturday night that involved a few bars, Mexican chicken soup (it was so good I ate my small bowl and half of Dan's large bowl) and mango kulfi from Punjabi Deli. A lot of people came out to chat and dance, which was great. Afterwards, Jonah, Rockey and I took a cab (how extravagant!) out to Brooklyn to go hear Annie play and dance the night away. I met James Iha, formerly of Smashing Pumpkins fame, at the show. Apparently he's always out in the city and no one is impressed by his presence, but for someone with maybe one or two B-list star sightings in her 2.5 years in NYC, I was excited. The night ended with me being hit on by a fake Brit and sharing a cab home with my buddies (extra extravagant!). The birthday celebrations continue tonight as Hyunmi, Alison and I are going to see the Magic Numbers play at Webster Hall. Beforehand we are having a quick dinner at Republic in Union Square where I plan on getting one of my favorite dishes - glass noodles.
This morning on my walk to work I was thinking about all of the goals I wanted to accomplish by the time I turned 25. These were set at various points in the last ten years or so. As a whole, I'm doing pretty well. I graduated from college, I'm working towards a higher education degree, I am living in a big city, I have my own apartment, I've traveled to Europe, I've kept in touch with old friends and made some new ones and, importantly, I was alive to see the LOTR trilogy made into successful movies. There are a few things I didn't get done that I was hoping to - I wanted to have run a half or full marathon (well, I was training for a half marathon before I fell and became a gimp), I always wanted to live with Grandmama (my grandmother) for a year, and I think deep down, I wanted to be in some sort of serious, stable relationship. When I look at those last three I really can't complain too much though - I still ran a lot after college before the fall and am working my way back, I had a wonderful relationship with Grandmama and I haven't made any decisions to date in the romance department that I regret. So I suppose that I am one happy birthday girl. I am now looking forward to two birthdays in the future: 30, when I can officially run for the Senate, and 35, when I can run for the US Presidency. Watch out America!
Note: If I told you I would send you pics from this weekend or the past few weekends, I'm working on it!

7 Comments:
if you run for president, you must choose me as your running mate. failure to do so will result in the largest, dirtiest, smear campaign ever. i plan on riding your coattails to victory, and then saying dumber things than dan quayle before running off to my undisclosed location more secret than dick cheney's.
I think the lewd gestures you made at the bar the other day pretty much disqualify you from the presidency. It's probably on video, somewhere. And unless you give me a cushy sinecure... like an ambassadorship to Malta or something like that, I'll tell EVERYONE about your lewd hand gestures. EVERYONE! I single-handedly will scuttle your... umm... wait what does scuttle even mean? Hmmm. Nevermind.
love the title of your entry!
and the things coming out of your mouth! i am afraid you will never be Madame President.
it's funny, but when i decided to start this blog, actually, when i decided to post a comment on a friend's blog for the first time, i thought to myself, "oh dear, this probably won't help my fantasy political career." such is life. being the president is too stressful anyway. being the president's wife and controlling all of his actions from the sidelines (like Livia!) is still an option however. or i could just make josh run and take charge of his entire campaign. walonoski in '28.
livia is an evil whench. all of them were.
i told you that i wanted to hire you and kil as my political consultants to make my race for a senate seat successful. i figure i couldn't lose with either of you. perhaps a term in the senate will help my campaign as president?
Post a Comment
<< Home