Strange Dreams
I have been having the strangest dreams lately. I think some of them are due to being too hot or too cold. After a party at my apartment, I think that last night's may have been substance-induced. In reality, I fell asleep on the couch last night after my guests left. I woke up around three AM to what I thought was a loud thump against my window. Last week I watched the movie "Salem's Lot" and I was convinced at the time that it was vampires trying to get me to invite them in. I told myself to calm down and fall back asleep. Then the dream began...
Again, I wake up at 3AM on the couch to a bang against my window. This time I decide to get up and check it out. When I go over to the window and look out over the river, I see multiple flocks of birds in the sky, right on level with my windows. A few of them have flown into my window (hence the bumps) and a few more seem to be heading my way. Suddenly, all of the birds completely freeze in the sky. I hear no more noises and they are just hovering without flapping their wings. I look down and there is a man in the street looking up at them with his hands in the air and saying something which I can't make out. Then one by one the birds start falling to the ground. I can tell they are still alive, but they aren't moving. Within five minutes, hundreds of these birds are lying in the street in large pools of blood. I go downstairs thinking that maybe I can catch a few from hitting the ground. By the time I get down there, all of the birds are already dead and the man is gone. No one else is on the street or looking out of their windows. So I just sit down in this pile of blood and start crying because it seems like such a shame that all of those beautiful birds are dead.
Anyone care to venture an analysis of that one? It seems to me that it was a type of frustration dream where I felt powerless to act out. Who knows where these images come from. I actually woke up in a very good mood, so I probably had another dream after that one that was much more pleasant.

3 Comments:
pfft. this is a piece of cake.
that man in your dream represents your ideal man for a romantic relationship. he is focused on giving you everything you want, even the impossible (the beautiful birds). yet you find flaws with whatever he gives you (they're dead and bloody, not alive and beautiful) and it is as if he weren't there (you couldn't find him).
you cried because he couldn't give you what you wanted; he couldn't satisfy your needs.
and you woke up not in a good mood, but a substance-induced good mood i am sure.
LOL. Still falling asleep on the couch, I see. Were you angry when you had to move to the bed at 3 am?
I don't know, Kate. What are you feeling frustrated about in your life? Or who is making you feel powerless? I'm guessing the answer lies there.
Were your crying tears of blood???
I think the birds were not beautiful. Since you are in NY, they were mostly pigeons. Pigeons are many things, but, generally speaking, beautifful is not one of those things.
Maybe your dream was just expressing a wish to find someone who is very efficient in getting things done? In the dream the task to be done was ridding the city of its poop-producing winged rats. We can extrapolate this, however, to discover your true desire for which the killing of birds is alluding. My guess is you truly hope for a man who can love you right, or knows how to make very crisp french fries (which is difficult without a deep frier, but possible).
As if to confirm my suspicions, the word verification this time is: tupwbj.
Post a Comment
<< Home