January 12, 2006

Project Runway and Big Red Ted

I love Project Runway. I know I have at least one reader out there who enjoys it as well. It's really amazing to see the designers create something gorgeous in a short amount of time and with a very small budget. Most of the designers are pretty original and I would say that they all have some odd personality quirks. The field is now down to 8 contestants and I think the competition is going to start getting very interesting. For those of you who watch, let's make some predictions. I have felt from the beginning that Nick should win. I think the other two in the top three with him will be Chloe and Daniel V. Santino is obviously very talented, but his personality is so abrasive. He just can't handle constructive criticism. Oh yeah, and he's mean and creepy.

In other news, hopefully everyone has gotten a chance to see/hear/read about the Alito hearings. Yesterday there was a showdown between Arlen Specter (chairman of the Judiciary Committee) and Ted Kennedy. It was pretty funny. You could tell that they were trying to remain calm and civil in front of the large audience, but that they both really wanted to punch the other one in the face. Sometimes when you are watching the news and the camera is focused on just Ted Kennedy, he looks almost proportional. But man, put that guy in the same field as other human beings and his head looks gargantuan. He is a smarty-pants though, so I won't hold it against him. It's nice to see that the Senate has some real characters. People may or may not like Ted Kennedy, but chances are, they know who he is and where he stands.

1 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger dan said...

I don't think Daniel V. ought to be in the final three.

I am, frankly, shocked no one elsle watches this show. You are all barbarians, uncouth horrible rapscallion ignorant abominations of culture.

I think they should have another lingarie challenge and have Chloe model each piece.

I too now think Nick should win. But Santino should be in the top three, both for talent and entertainment/creep factor.

My word verification is: yeuobex. Sounds like a distand cousin of the ibex.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home