May 21, 2007

I WANT TO GO CAMPING!

The weather is so nice right now. It's getting warm enough in the day to walk around in shorts, but it's still cold enough at night so that you need to sleep under the blankets. I always find myself day-dreaming about hiking and camping this time of year. Two weeks ago I bought a fancy new light-weight tent with my tax returns (thank you US government!). I pushed my coffee table aside and set it up in the middle of the living room. After rolling out my sleeping bag and laying in there for a while, I decided that two people could definitely sleep in there comfortably. My first chance to use it will probably come the week of July 4th when K-Pat and I are heading to Montana with his family for a week of camping, rafting, RISK-playing and likely tomfoolery. Apparently, we will be in charge of the fireside entertainment one night. Our current plan is to act out a scene from GoodFellas with cap guns. Odd, yes, but hysterical. I think it would be particularly funny to do one of the scenes where you hear Ray Liotta's voice as the narrator in the background. One of us could just stand to the side and read for that part while the other acts the scene out in silence. I would still love to go to the Catskills or the Adirondacks for a weekend as well this summer or fall, so if anyone is interested, let's chat.

2 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Camping!! I might be interested! Maybe I could fly into NYC...or drive to meet you someplace! Let's chat, baby.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger josh said...

it's about time you posted again. ;)

i'd love to join you for camping, but i doubt i will be able to do that this summer. ever consider winter camping? it's just like summer camping, but there are no bugs. honest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home