A Busy Weekend
This past weekend was super busy. I'll revert to list form.
1. I have decided to boycott the post office after a very rude employee refused to look for a package my mom sent me on Friday night. Even though I gave him my name, address, place of origin for the package, package description and date said package was supposed to be delivered, he wouldn't look for the package unless I had the slip that was left in my mailbox. What did the slip say? The name of the post office, the date and my name and address. I hate the post office!
2. I met a good friend from college for brunch Saturday morning at Eatery, which I highly recommend. We ate our fantastic meal (I had a strawberry pecan waffle with whipped cream) then walked around Times Square and Port Authority to waste time before his bus came. He was only wearing a long-sleeved shirt and even though he wouldn't admit it, I'm sure he was freezing. Oh Eric, so stoic.
3. I did some shopping on the East Side afterwards then met some friends at a bar to watch the Michigan vs. Ohio game. Due to my daily nose bleeds over the past 1.5 months (which have left me pale and exhausted) I decided to get a burger to replenish my iron. It was actually difficult for me to finish and confirmed my suspicion that I'm well on my way to becoming a vegetarian. I just don't know what I'll do without pepperoni though.
4. Sunday morning I ran my ninth and final qualifying race for the NYC Marathon next year. I will probably not race again until next spring. I just need to get in some good slow training runs. I think I saw a girl on the sidelines that I knew from running camp in high school. Allison Snyder, if you're out there, you live in NYC now?
5. We celebrated Lab Thanksgiving at Angela's house last night. I ate a lot of food, but it certainly didn't live up to the gluttony of last year. I made a pecan rum cake (my mom's recipe) that was well received. However, I woke up in the middle of the night with... digestive problems. Too much food? I think not. A bad combination of foreign fares? Nay. I predict bad meat somewhere in the mix. I have no proof of this. I'm eating leftovers for lunch today, which is probably a stupid idea, so we'll see.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home