November 29, 2006

Home for the Holidays

I went home for Thanksgiving this past weekend. It was a strange Thanksgiving for me. Sadly, my sister didn't come home, which meant that I was the only "kid" at dinner. Also, the temperature was in the 50s and 60s, as opposed to the snow that usually covers the ground at this time of year. I spent a lot of time at home with Hank, Gert and our puppy Charlie. He was so cute! We took him on some long walks in various parks and he was very well-behaved. I have to say, I was disappointed with how little I ate on Thanksgiving day. I made up for it on Friday though when I ate appetizers, cookies and pie at my Grandmother's at 3pm, ate Thanksgiving dinner left-overs at my aunt at uncle's at 4:30, had dinner out with some friends at Sinbad's at 8pm, and then ate breakfast at Jay's diner at 2:30 am. Four meals in 12 hours - my pride was restored. In between meals #3 and #4 above, I went out to the bar with some high school friends. Every year this experience is more surreal to me. Two of my friends are married now, all of them have real, grown-up jobs and they live in fancy apartments. No matter how much time passes, the dynamic between all of us is essentially the same, which is comforting. Saturday April and I went to go see "Bobby." I highly recommend it. I love politics and as of late, have become a bit fascinated with this story thanks to the History Channel, so I was very excited to see the movie. The last ten minutes and the credits in particular are very moving. Lastly, my mom taught me how to knit and now I'm obsessed. You or someone you know might be getting a scarf for Christmas!

1 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My apartment isn't that fancy...it's someplace a bunny can come and shit all over the place. It is weird to see all of us grown-up now...especially when some of us wear our "big girl" clothes out for a night on the town. Oh well, still not too old to take a redheaded slut shot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home