January 04, 2007

So That's Where Little Johnny Was Hiding

This article is crazy! I'll sum it up for those you don't have time to read it (even though it's short): man thinks he has tumor, man has surgery to remove tumor, doctor finds a well-developed half-body in man's stomach that turns out to be man's twin! I can't even fathom that happening to me or someone I know. It reminds me of that X-files episode where the carnie's twin detaches from his body every night to snake along the ground and kill people.

Christmas at home and New Year's in DC were both great. I got to see a lot of family and friends and truly relax. Visiting Dinty and Aimee in DC made me realize that I am definitely interested in living there at some point in my life. Of course, that will have to be after my 2-3 year stints in the Pacific Northwest, London and Italy. I'll get there eventually though, and while I'm walking through the Mall one day, an important goverment figure will stop me and demand that I immediately go to work in the White House, where I'll make a great salary and spend my days advising the current administration on scientific matters. Or maybe the secret service will find this blog and decide that I shouldn't be allowed to live within 50 miles of the President. I can see it going either way really.

7 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger hkim said...

That was so gross but cool. There is a Stephen King novel (called The Dark Half) about that kind of thing.

I would think that you were spawned that way, except I've met your parents and they are lovely people, so I guess not. But if they took me aside and told me in secret, I wouldn't be surprised. And I would continue to be your friend...kind of...

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny!

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger paducci said...

NOW you visit DC! grr

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger dan said...

I'm not sure I wanted to read that article. That is totally creepy, weird, gross. It's like, this sort of shit happened 5000 years ago and that's how you get legends about dwarves, two-headed snakes, dragons, etc.

Hot damn. Blech.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger josh said...

dan, i have seen dwarves, two-headed snakes, and even dragons. legends are unnecessary.

hyunmi beat me to mentioning "the dark half". actually, genetic mosaicism occurs within people that start as twins and then 'become one'. also, even creepier, it is said that embryonic sharks sometimes consume their brothers and sisters in the womb.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger dan said...

No no, I meant that when these sorts of things happened, ages ago, they developed into legends. Now they develop into blog posts. Slightly different.

I still wish I hadn't read that article------ach, blech. Ptooey.

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is my favorite x-files episode!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home